Coffee 2 Conductor Challenge!

One of the biggest challenges of studying overseas is managing finances.

It has been nearly three years since I left Sydney in order to begin my studies in conducting at the Saint Petersburg Conservatory. At this current stage I am halfway through the course and still have three more years left to go until I graduate!

I've managed to come this far in my studies thanks to awards from the Ian Potter Cultural Trust, Australia Council for the Arts (Skills Development), PPCA Performers' Trust Foundation, as well as financial support from my family. Plus I spent four years working in Australia to save up for this course.

However things are getting difficult as I am running out of grants to apply for (as grants received were one-offs, not recurring), and have already contributed all of my own personal savings. To complicate things further, it's forbidden for foreigners on a student visa to work in Russia. Therefore I must think of creative ways to try and support my studies, so I decided to set up a Pozible campaign called the Coffee 2 Conductor Challenge!

In less than a week after launching, my Pozible project reached beyond its target goal amount of $1,095!! Thanks to my generous Challengers/Supporters, I am able to contribute these funds towards living costs involved in my studies.

Therefore, I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to all of my supporters - I'm eternally grateful for your kindness and generosity!!

However, the Coffee 2 Conductor Challenge is still running until its deadline of 21st October 2014.

If you'd still like to become a Supporter it's not too late to join the Challenge! All extra funds received will still go directly towards covering the huge expenses of my project - at this present stage the remaining budget for the rest of the course is looking at approximately just under $60,000.

CLICK HERE to find out who the C2C Challenge Supporters are! Can YOU become one of them?

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Pushkin vs Tchaikovsky: The Queen of Spades

10 Random Tips for Student Conductors

Tolstoy and the Green Stick